Thursday, August 14, 2008

Short but Sweet


We got the rare opportunity to get a visit (longer than a bathroom break) from my Sister Terri and her family. They arrived on Monday and left on Tuesday. The kids had a lot of fun visiting and playing together and I enjoyed the time with my Sister very much. Just before their arrival, we had just finished up a very busy weekend of volunteering at the Kuna Fire Department Barbecue. Last year I volunteered to make homemade Hot Fudge Sauce to go with the vanilla ice cream they usually serve. I guess they liked it well enough to ask me to make it again. I spent Friday and Saturday making 20 batches of it. The whole family stayed and helped serve at the barbecue, Dave is still a Volunteer Fireman when he has the time so we have helped out at the event for the last couple years. Dave's nickname is Pipeguy at the Firestation and the other Fireman call the kids MicroPipes, it's pretty funny. They are great helpers and I think they enjoy it.

We have spent the rest of this week getting school supplies and registering Megan and Trevor for Middle and High Schools. We've squeezed in Dentist appointments and haircuts as well. It's been pretty crazy. We're headed to Twin Falls to see the Temple this weekend. We could all use the break.



0 comments: