Friday, December 26, 2008

Birthday and Christmas

Emma's 9th birthday
*
Making Cookies for Santa
*
Megan's cool MP3 player
*


Emma and Logan playing their DS games
*



Trevor's Paintball gun
*





A week ago today was Emma's 9th birthday. She lucked out and only had a half day of school and then we went to Pojo's (similar to Chuck E Cheese) and ate pizza, rode bumper cars, played games etc..
Christmas came and went in a blur. We did our kinda new tradition of Cheese, Apples, Sausage, Chicken spread and crackers for Christmas Eve. Then we hid the pickle ornament in the tree and Emma found it so she got to be first to open her one gift of pajamas on Christmas Eve. After everyone was all changed into their new P.J.'s we read The Night Before Christmas and The Christmas Story from the scriptures. Then we set out the cookies for Santa and checked to see where Santa was one last time on the NORAD Santa Tracker website and then headed to bed.
Christmas morning was loads of fun! Everyone played and played for hours. My favorite gift was from Megan. She was pretty sneaky this year. My Grandma had a cookie jar that everyone loves and I happened to find one very similar to it at a local gift shop. It was way too expensive though so I just hoped someday it might go on sale. I stopped in a couple weeks later to pick up a gift and was so disappointed to see it was gone. The saleslady was so sweet and took down my name and said she would look for another one. Well Christmas morning when I opened my gift from Megan, It was the cookie jar. She'd saved her babysitting money and got it for me. I think we'll keep her.
We had our traditional Prime Rib roast for Dinner and then collapsed, stuffed to the brim and watched movies for the rest of the night. What a day!

0 comments: