Sunday, June 15, 2008

Camp Survivor


(above: hike survivors)
This is Megan speaking here, to tell you about her experiences at Girl's Camp. I bet you are wondering what the hike survivors picture is all about. Well it starts off on the 5 mile hike we do every year. It was brutal and tiring. Once we got to the top, a couple of my friends and I decided we would get a head start. Some of the leaders followed us too. After a little while of hiking, we realized we didn't recognize the trail we were going down. We kept moving forward. We then got to a fork in the trail. By then we knew we were lost. We said a prayer and figured out as a group, which way to go. We ended up back where the hike began. We were so relieved.

The rest of the camp was spiritual and pure fun. We went swimming in the icey water (big mistake,) did tons of crafts, and played pranks on the leaders. It was so much fun. The food was delicious and we played around a lot. It was very cold in the mornings and nights, but I survived. I have loved the past two years of girl's camp, and am looking forward to next year!

1 comments:

rip said...

Way to go Megan! I am really glad you survived camp! My girls go on the 23rd. They are very excited. (Except, Courtney is not excited for the 4th year hike.)