Friday, September 12, 2008

Peaches


This weekend I spent most all day Saturday bottling peaches. I know it's not cheaper than buying the cans,(since I don't have my own peach trees)but I really don't like the crunchy green peaches that taste like metal when you buy them canned. The kids helped a little but besides the sticky mess, I really don't mind pretending to be Martha Stewart(minus the staff)sometimes. There's just nothing prettier than a countertop full of things you've bottled. The garden has been very neglected lately. Things just didn't take off and grow well this year. We got barely two meals worth of corn and the beans are not producing much. We do have a lot of Tomatoes and if the frost hold off, I might even have enough to bottle. We have millions of Cherry tomatoes. I think after this year we will only plant one Cherry Tomato and one Zucchini because of course the Zucchini is growing great. The squash bugs are killing it though and I'm letting them. I've had my fill of it and so have the neighbors.

1 comments:

Amy said...

It's so fun to find you here and read a bit on your blog ... but - I can't find any pictures of you!

-Amy Goodman